Job at RWANDA FORENSIC LABORATORY :Forensic Exhibits Officer ( Deadline: 01 Jun 2018 )
• To ensure the accurate and effective management of invoices received from external suppliers and the timely reporting of errors and issues to line management;
• To effectively update, store and retrieve case management data, in respect of submissions, utilizing both manual and electronic systems and databases, including Forensic case Management Databases and Force systems;
• To ensure the timely reporting of results and statements to key stakeholders to support the investigation and detection of crime and progression through the Criminal Justice System;
• To manage and implement the effective and appropriate storage, packaging and handling of all exhibits passing through the Forensic Laboratory, ensuring compliance to Health and Safety legislation and guaranteeing integrity and continuity of evidence;
• To ensure the effective receipt and dispatch of exhibits to and from both internal units across the Country area as well as external forensic services providers;
• To provide continuity statements of evidence as required;
• To carry out any other duties reasonable commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post;
• Undertaking other duties as assigned by his/her superior.
Bachelors degree in biology, chemistry, physics and forensic science. 2 years Experience in exhibit handling.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required;
– Provide accurate and update advice to submitting officers in respect of forensic submissions to external forensic service providers and internal units;
– Able to assess exhibits and ensuring its integrity
– Effectively update, store and retrieve case management data, in respect of submissions, utilizing both manual and electronic systems and databases, including Forensic case Management Databases;
– Manage and implement the effective and appropriate storage, packaging and handling of all exhibits.