Job at RWANDA HOUSING AUTHORITY : Regulation Design Specialist ( Deadline :26 November 2018 )
– Collect, keep and manage in systematic records all policies, laws and decisions related to human settlement and construction in Rwanda;
– Ensure the compliance of the activities of the institution with the evolution of laws, regulations and standards used in human settlement and construction in Rwanda;
– Contribute to jurisprudence process of human settlement and construction development in Rwanda;
– Provide legal opinions to ensure that the appropriate legal approach taken on arising matters is in accordance with
– existing laws in human settlement and construction in Rwanda;
– Provide legal advice on technical documents elaborated and received by the institution on human settlement and construction in Rwanda;
– Advise the management on way forwards by improving the legal tools available to achieve adequacy of set objectives with rules of law.
– Provide legal support in the elaboration, edition and assessment of contracts for the construction and human settlement projects of the institution;
– Legal follow up of the stakeholders or consultants complaints/appeals on human settlement and construction policy;
– Participate in the negotiations and other agreement discussions of the estate and other projects implementation undertaken by the institution on human settlement and construction.
– Identify the lawful potential problems in human settlement and construction industry;
– Submit for approval the legal research proposals;
– Collaborate with Research and Development Specialist to conduct the approved researches;
– Propose the amendments and revisions of existing legal instruments related to the human settlement and construction.
– A0 in Law or Construction Law with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Law or Construction Law