Job at RWANDA INFORMATION SOCIETY AUTHORITY : Legal Affairs Officer (17 January 2018)
• Assist the legal affairs specialist in all legal matters.
• Reviews standard and unique contract and procurement documentation in consultation with relevant government/public donor institutions to ensure their legal correctness and completeness
• Prepare contracts and MoUs between the institution and stakeholders.
• Propose necessary amendments to laws, contracts and agreements to keep them relevant;
• Interpret laws, instructions, regulations and procedures to the whole institution.
Bachelors Degree in Law
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– High analytical and problem solving skills
– Legal research and analysis in complex areas of law
– Knowledge of Substantive Law and Legal Procedures
– Decision making skills
– Experience in contract drafting and negotiation
– Excellent communication skills
– Very effective organization skills
– Computer skills
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage.