Job at RWANDA LAND MANAGEMENT AND USE AUTHORITY :Data Base and Application Specialist (SPIU ): ( Deadline : 18 January 2018)
• Plans database upgrades by maintaining , evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
• Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
• Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions
• Design, implement, configure and support large and heavy databases;
• Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
• Perform database and application administration, performance and tuning, and backup and recovery;
• Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
• Perform database and application administration activities, such as modifications, enhancements, expansions, and capacity planning;
• Provide in
– depth technical expertise of database and application management systems, including database architecture, installation, and technical support of DBMS software;
• Keep up to date with the latest technical developments in the related area;
• Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues;
• Recommend standards and procedures for acquisition of database systems to ensure quality control and compliancy of requirement specifications;
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Train new database administrators
Mentor new database developers as they come on board;
Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or ICT related field with minimum of 3 years working experience in Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, or other relational database
Proficient in spatial database management.
Proficient in state
– art application/database layer intrusion / prevention technology that operates in a way that is very similar to the operation of other IDS technology.
Proficient in multiple security disciplines including network security, intrusion detection / prevention, threat and vulnerability management, enterprise anti
– virus, .
Proficient in web application security and database security. Experience with an application / database layer intrusion detection / prevention appliance is greatly appreciated.
Expert knowledge of all database vendor versions.
Decision making skills;
Excellent communication skills;
Team working skills;
Team working skills;
Extensive knowledge in technological and methodological aspects of geo
– information processing and infrastructure to solve complex application problems and to develop technology
– oriented concepts for the geo
– information environment;
Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French; knowledge of all is an advantage