Job at RWANDA MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE: Director of ICT and E-Learning Unit (Deadline: 07 December 2018)
• To coordinate all activities of E
– learning program
• To prepare strategic and operational plans for the Information communications Technology (ICT) department to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of short
– and long
– term goals of the Institution
• To manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an ICT Projects, systems, security strategies and disaster recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss; ensure cyber security protection
• To ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services, including procurement, distribution and asset management;
• To develop and manage the planning and budgeting for the ICT services Department;
• To develop sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to select equipment and services vendors
• To oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with RMI growth plans, and changing business requirements or technological advancements;
• To oversee ICT special projects, including planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for system implementations
• To approve and monitor major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance
• To carry out any other duties assigned by his/her line manager.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering with 2 years working experience or Bachelor’s degree with 4 years working experience in managing a large Government or corporate IT department and Certifications in A+, N+ is required, Certification in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs(NET), LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Rwanda’s management ICT Policies and Strategies as well as National ICT Policy,
• Deep understanding of information technology and telecommunications,
• Strong analytical skills,
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English, Knowledge of French language would be an added advantage.