Job at Rwanda Military Hospital : Data Manager (Deadline: 07 April 2017)
- At least 3 years of experience with a degree in statistics or epidemiology.
- The candidate should demonstrate Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.), should be Familiar with modem database and information system technologies, able to oversee the development and use of data systems, able to discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality, able to fully grasp the complexity of data management.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures.
- He will also possess excellent troubleshooting skills and assurance that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within.
- The candidate should be free of any employment in Rwandan territory and should be ready to sign a contract of at least two years with RMH before further studies.
Key technical skills and knowledge:
The important technical and professional skills and knowledge required to do the job well.
– Interpersonal skill
– Organizational skills
– Customer care skills
-Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
-Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
-An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
-Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Key success factors:
Behaviors’ and abilities required to achieving the position’s mission and goals.
-Respect of instructions given
Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
1. Formulates implements, enforces data collection policies and procedures for effective data management;
2. Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data;
3. Trains and educates reporting actors to data collection tools and equipment;
4. Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects;
5. Establishes data quality standard and work with reporting actors to ensure standards are met;
6. Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards;
7. Ensure data entry for different monthly and annual report;
8. Assist with reports and data extraction when needed;
9. Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)