Job at Rwanda Military Hospital: Orphopedic Assistant (Deadline: 07 April 2017)
REPUBLIC OF RWANDA
RWANDA MILITARY HOSPITAL
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Rwanda Military Hospital (RMH) is planning to recruit civil servants, committed and qualified staff to fill attached vacant posts on its organizational structure. Details on position advertised including terms of reference, required profile and number of positions are obtained from RMH website, www.rwandamilitaryhospital.rw
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to RMH at Kanombe Closed envelopes containing the documents requested will be addressed to the Commandant/RMH and deposited at the Rwanda Military Hospital central secretariat not later than 07th April, 2017 at 5:00 PM:
■ A filled application form obtained from MIFOTRA website,
■ A copy of required degree or diploma and certificates,
■ Copy of National ID
RMH JOB OFFERS
- At least 3 years of experience in the post of orthopedic officer.
- Should have a diploma in
- The candidate must demonstrate ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel program in entering patient’s health chart and demographic in the computer system for record keeping, the ability to communicate and relate with patients as they enter the clinic which is important to get along with them during treatment.
- To be eligible for this job, applicants must have knowledge of the practice, obtained through formal education and licensing.
- The candidate should be free of any employment in Rwandan territory and should be ready to sign a contract of at least two years with RMH before further studies.
Key technical skills and knowledge:
The important technical and professional skills and knowledge required to do the job well.
– Interpersonal skills
-Hard work and punctuality
-Clinical reasoning skills
– Good IT skills
– Good temperament
– Organizational skills
– Committed to quality
– Customer care spirit
– Strong verbal and written communications skills
Key success factors:
Behaviors’ and abilities required to achieving the position’s mission and goals.
-Collaborative and flexibility
-Honesty and Integrity
-Consistency and reliability
-Ability to work under pressure
-Hard work and punctuality
Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
I. Prepare patients for examination, escort them to the treatment room and be present during examination/treatment to assist the physician in treatment procedures;
2. Liaise with the orthopedist in booking patients’ appointments in line with their schedule to facilitate smooth flow of operations;
3. Collect results of patients’ tests from the laboratory, sort them out and make them available to the orthopedist before he/she attends to patients;
4. Record medical histories and vital signs of patients by carrying out proper checkup on them before consultation with the physician;
5. Sterilize equipment before and after treatment and properly dispose used containers and items to avoid infection;
6. Supervise drug refills and place supply orders as directed by the orthopedist, and inspect delivered items for durability to avoid the use of substandard or expired products
7. Explain medication instruction to patients based on orthopedist’s prescription and advice them on special diets to fasten their recovery;
8. Clean the treatment room to avoid infection, and get it ready after use for the treatment of other patients;
9. Create and fill patients’ chart with relevant and current information about their health condition, and update chart with changes and progress in patients’ health
10. Monitor patients’ recovery process, inform the orthopedist of observations, and recommend changes in unresponsive treatment techniques
Maintain communication with patients after treatment to monitor their progress and suggest continuous treatment in the event of a relapse
12. Perform any other duties as required by the superior related the job position.