Job at Rwanda Military Hospital : Researcher (Deadline: 07 April 2017)
REPUBLIC OF RWANDA
RWANDA MILITARY HOSPITAL
E-mail: [email protected]
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Rwanda Military Hospital (RMH) is planning to recruit civil servants, committed and qualified staff to fill attached vacant posts on its organizational structure. Details on position advertised including terms of reference, required profile and number of positions are obtained from RMH website, www.rwandamilitaryhospital.rw
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to RMH at Kanombe Closed envelopes containing the documents requested will be addressed to the Commandant/RMH and deposited at the Rwanda Military Hospital central secretariat not later than 07th April, 2017 at 5:00 PM:
■ A filled application form obtained from MIFOTRA website,
■ A copy of required degree or diploma and certificates,
■ Copy of National ID
- At least 3 years of experience in conducting statistical analysis work for published scientific research.
- Should have a degree in statistics or a related science, a master degree in Biostatistics/public health/epidemiology or a related field but with a clear statistical bias.
- The candidate should be free of any employment in Rwandan territory and should be ready to sign a contract of at least two years with R1VIH before further studies.
Key technical skills and knowledge:
The important technical and professional skills and knowledge required to do the job well.
-High degree of technical competence and communicative ability (Oral and written);
-Competent in experimental design, descriptive, inferential statistics and advanced statistical analysis;
-Proficiency in statistical analysis packages (STATA, SPSS, and R) and experience in use of data storage packages;
-Judgment & Decision making Skills ;
-Complex Problem solving Skills ;
Key success factors:
Behaviors’ and abilities required to achieving the position’s mission and goals.
– Respect of patients’ right and integrity
-Respect of instructions given
-Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
1. Provide statistical guidance on clinical data and protocols related statistical needs
2. Works with project teams to decide on appropriate study design and statistical
methodology including development of randomization schedule, sample size and power calculations.
3. Responsible for assuring that data for statistical analysis are accurate and well set-up in databases
4. Assists in the implementation of protocol methodology and statistical analysis plans.
5. Responsible for data management needs to ensure accurate, efficient and complete data capture.
6. Responsible for accuracy of statistical tables and data listings, and accuracy of report text.
7. Responsible for statistical methods in reports and publications.
8. Works collaboratively with peers to develop quality protocols, CRF, schema, and reports within agreed timelines.
9. Participate in Biostatistical related trainings
10. Mentor non-statistical peers on statistical methodology and practice.
11. The candidate will support the research Division in implementing current research projects and set up research profiles in keeping research interests and training.