Job at RWANDA POLYTECHNIC : Adviser to the vice chancellor ( Deadline 11 Jul 2018)
• Provide strategic advice on monitoring and implementation of policies, laws and regulations related to RP mission;
• Provide advice on institutional development for effective achievement of the institutional mission;
• Contribute to mid and long
– term reflection on strategic perspectives of the institution;
• Upon request, liaise with stakeholders in order to ensure coherence, consistency and harmony.
• Prepare documents that need to be used during meetings and conferences organized by the Vice Chancellor and/or to which he/she participates;
• Analyze, summarize and provide comments and/or advice on contents of dossiers before submitting them;
• Identify priority files and make follow
– up on them;
• Record, handle and classify confidential files;
• Prepare and/or proofread speeches for the VC;
• Make sure that schedule for daily and weekly activities and of the Vice Chancellor is accurately updated;
• Write reports of audiences, meetings and conferences held by the Vice Chancellor.
• Other duties maybe assigned by his/her supervisors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Management, Administrative Sciences, with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Education, Education Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Management, Administrative Sciences, with 1 year of working experience.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwanda Education Sector;
– Good knowledge of government policy
– making and legislative processes;
– Knowledge of the Education sector;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills;
– Strong Leadership skills;
– Technical understanding of system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units;
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines;
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope