Job at RWANDA POLYTECHNIC HIGH LEARNING INSTITUTION : TVET Coordinator Specialist ( Under Contract) ( Deadline : 25/July/2019 )
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TVET COORDINATOR SPECIALSIT
The TVET Coordination Specialist at RP is responsible in relation to GIZ supported TVET interventions to:
– Ensure the implementation of the GIZ TVET programs and its implementing partners runs smoothly as per the operational plan and targets.
– Coordinate the active participation and responsible contributions of relevant technical RP departments and further TVET partners in the planning, implementation and monitoring of activities.
– Ensure alignment of interventions with TVET sector priorities and coordinated efforts in TVET sector.
– Monitor implementation and results of interventions implemented in collaboration with RP
– Report progress of activities to RP and GIZ EcoEmploi management
– Document and share knowledge and experiences (Knowledge management)
– Ensure smooth communication between RP and GIZ EcoEmploi, ICON
– IP, and GIZ InS.
Her/his tasks are to:
– Actively participate in GIZ EcoEmploi’s planning process to achieve expected results (depending on the starting date of the contract).
– Coordinate the participation of relevant RP staff in GIZ EcoEmploi planning, implementation and monitoring processes.
– Coordinate the RP internal processes to ensure technical and financial contributions to joint TVET interventions are obtained on time and concept notes, mission orders and other documents related to implementation and follow up are signed in a reasonable time frame before the concerned activities.
– Facilitate effective communication between relevant RP departments, stakeholders (WDA, TVET schools, training centers, private sector partners) and GIZ, ICON
– IP team.
– Oversee and monitor the implementation of GIZ TVET interventions and related RP contributions (including input to GIZ M&E)
– Write reports on progress and results of GIZ TVET activities implemented in collaboration with RP and share with GIZ management
– Identify synergies and partnerships in implementation of GIZ interventions with other partners with the objective to make a difference in impact or to avoid duplication
– Document and communicate results, lessons learnt and experiences of GIZ interventions: write articles to be published on the RP and GIZ websites in coordination with the relevant PR departments; arrange knowledge sharing sessions with relevant stakeholders; document user
– friendly results, lessons learnt and experiences at RP knowledge management platform (for publications prior approval by WDA and GIZ management
– Communicate all relevant information concerning the smooth implementation of GIZ TVET interventions to relevant stakeholders; this may include strategic documents, reports, meeting agenda and schedules.
– Support GIZ partners on any other relevant work as deemed necessary and appropriate
4. Required qualifications
– At least Bachelor’s Degree Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Electromechanical, Telecommunications, ICT or other TVET field or Masters degree with experience in relevant filed.
– At least 8 years in a managerial position (director or above) with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a coordination function at national level.
– Proof of TVET management training certification offered by a local or international institution/organization.
Work experiences and Competencies
– Experience working with public institutions and international organizations (at least one post held at managerial position in an international cooperation)
– Proven experience in project management and policy development (from planning to coordination of implementation to monitoring to reporting), attention to detail, readiness to promote good results and client focus;
– Knowledge of and experiences in monitoring and reporting requirements in development cooperation programs
– Strong experience in TVET key aspects of CBT curricula development, assessment, certification, Training of Trainers, Workplace based learning and recognition of prior learning
– Proven experience of teaching in higher learning institution, a teaching experience Polytechnics is preferable
– Very good advisory skills and good knowledge of capacity development tools
– Demonstrated organizational and negotiations skills in intercultural settings
– Proven capacity to remain effective under changing working conditions;
– Good knowledge of the Rwandan Economy, Private Sector and TVET Sector;
– Analytical capacity and in
– depth knowledge in TVET/employment/private sector participation and promoting the creation of an enabling environment for TVET development, acquired within national public or private, international or regional agencies;
– Capacity to work as part of a team, excellent inter
– personal skills
– Creative, flexible, well organized and highly motivated with intercultural skills to work in an international team and to working across disciplines
– Strong analytical and communication skills, and facility in document writing
– Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda, French is an asset
– Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
– Available to start the assignment immediately
The contract period is 6 months renewable.