Job at RWANDA STANDARDS BOARD : Petroleum and Bio diesel Laboratory Officer( Deadline: 13 June 2018 )
A. Being responsible for accurate and quick performance of analytical work assigned;
• Receiving and ensuring proper storage of test samples, chemicals, materials and reagents;
• Prepare and standardize solutions, materials and reagents used in laboratory analyses;
• Carrying out tests, interpreting results and learning to spot obvious errors, identifying their source and rectifying;
• Calculating uncertainties of measurement especially in cases of marginal test results
• Prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports;
• Participating in the development of new test methods in liaison with the Lead officer.
B. Taking care of laboratory equipment
• Maintain inventory of laboratories equipment;
• Maintain the assigned equipment using the manufacturer’s instruction or the applicable work instruction;
• Observe safety regulations;
• Establish a maintenance plan and request for its implementation.
C. Assuring quality of test results
• Documentation of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and submit them for approval;
• Planning and requesting for prompt and correct calibration of equipment and instruments under their care;
• Participate in quality control programs and prepare statistical reports;
• Implementing and participating in review of the laboratory quality system.
D. Procurement planning and acceptance of supplies
• Give recommendation on equipment, chemicals and reagents required for testing including designing simple modifications and fixtures to facilitate performance of tests;
• Preparation of proposal of technical specification of equipment spares parts and laboratory consumables for purchase;
• Participation in evaluation of new equipment after commissioning
• Maintaining inventories of laboratory supplies.
E. Participating in trainings Technical committees meetings
• Participating in the relevant technical committees in standards development as a resource person;
• Providing expert testimony to the legal department in court cases involving testing issues;
• Training of students on attachment and ensuring their supervision at all times.
A0 in Chemistry
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– Good understanding and knowledge in Oil and Petroleum Testing and biodiesel;
– Excellent communication, organisation;
– Analytical and problem solving skills;
– High analytic thinker;
– Initiative skills;
– Systems analysis & evaluation skills;
– Proven computer skills,
– Team work and Collaboration;
– Time Management;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage