Job at RWANDA STANDARDS BOARD : Planning Officer ( Deadline: 13 June 2018 )
1. Participation in the preparation of policies, strategies and sectoral plans of the RSB.
– Collect useful data in the development of policies, strategies and sectoral plans.
– Support the development of the sectoral strategic plans and its budget in a professional standards manner.
– Support defining the sectoral performance indicators of different programs or activities.
– Consolidate the action plans from different divisions of the RSB.
– Support the monitoring, implementation and update of RSB’s strategic and action plans.
– Ensure that the strategic plans are results oriented.
– Prepare ToRs of new projects for the institution.
– Maintain relationship with donors and other potential partners of the institution.
– Organize meeting of mid
– term review (Joint Sector Review) for different programs with partners.
2. Preparation of the institution’s planning implementation reports
– Develop tools for reporting and share them with different divisions.
– Work with all divisions to ensure reporting deadlines prior to final submission are met and consolidate the institution’s quarterly and annually reports.
– Prepare standard monthly, quartery, mid
– term and annual Reports that are accurate, clear and informative.
– Liaise closely with the Finance Unit, for validation of financial reports.
– Consolidate budget from different divisions and ensure the linkage between the plans and the budgets.
– Analyse and consolidate the MTEFs from various divisions.
– Develop guidelines and procedures to report on the implementation and impact of budget execution and procurement plan.
3. Organizational learning and capacity building
– Maintain a list/database to track Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) capacities of all staff.
– Contribute to training on good PMER practices of all staff.
A0 in Economics, Project Management,Management, Development Studies, Business Administration
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of results based management, logical framework approach,
– Computer Skills;
– Knowledge of Strategic planning;
– Organizational Skills;
– Communication Skills;
– Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow & operation procedures;
– Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
– Complex Problem Solving;
– Time management Skills;
– High analytical Skills;
– Teamworking Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage