Job at RWANDA WATER AND FORESTRY AUTHORITY : Legal Affairs officer (Deadline: 06 February 2018)
• Draft, review and revises contract documentation, including tender documentation and ensuring it is qualified in the best interests of the institution
• Practices preventative law, provides legal advice and assistance to management and internal departments of the Institution;
• Assist line management in understanding legal and contractual risks and mitigate those risks.
• Provide support, advice and guidance as necessary to the staff of the institution and senior managers on legal and contractual matters on projects.
• Assist the institution in any negotiations and vetting of contracts at national and International level;
• Instruct and supervise external solicitors in litigation and other legal matters concerning the institution
• Ensure compliance with national legislation, agreements entered between the institution and private individuals, the private companies, countries and international organizations in the interest of the institution
• Take part in the drafting of the laws and regulations relating to the operation and development of RWFA
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned to her/him by the Supervisor
A0 in Law
Key Technical skills and Knowledge required :
– High analytical and problem solving skills;
– Legal research and analysis in complex areas of law;
– Knowledge of Substantive Law and Legal Procedures;
– Decision making skills;
– Experience in contract drafting and negotiation;
– Excellent communication skills ;
– Very effective organization skills;
– Team working skills;
– Computer skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French.