Job at Rwandair : Cargo Pricing Analyst (Deadline: 15 October 2018)
RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
1. Job Title: Cargo Pricing Analyst
2. Reports to: Manager Cargo Planning and Pricing
3. Job Purpose
Cargo Pricing Analyst will be responsible for setting the WB Cargo pricing guidelines for the origin regions and will steer the sales organization to sell the right flows on the various O&Ds (origins-destinations) and at the right price, in order to maximize the network margins.
Cargo Pricing Analyst will also help execute the allocation planning process.
4. Duties and Responsibilities
• Communicate with sales and build strategy;
• Perform data analysis;
• Identify opportunities, risks and challenges;
• Manage multiple deadlines at a time;
• Convert customer formats using excel formulas;
• Insert / integrate targeted pricing;
• Communicate with the branches, regional pricing teams, sales team;
• Manage responses on email;
• Update RFQ ( Request for quotation) Pricing Tool in a timely manner;
• Do sales reports.
5. Desired Profile: Required education, experience and Abilities
• Bachelors’ degree in statistics;
• Ability in analysis and reporting, preferably in revenue management, pricing or related areas;
• Ability to understand and interpret trends as reviewed in key performance indicators (KPIs);
• Ability to independently identify problem areas or revenue opportunities and generate quick, solid directional analysis for department leadership;
• Superb technical skills – in depth knowledge of MS office suite – specifically Excel;
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Strong initiative and excellent communication skills;
• Experience in airline cargo revenue management and/or pricing will be an added advantage;
• Familiarity with Sabre Air Price or comparable pricing tool will be an added advantage;
• Understanding of SPA’s ( Special prorate agreement) and impact on pricing will be an added advantage.
6. How to apply:
• An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
• Recent Curriculum Vitae;
• Relevant certificates;
• A photocopy of the passport;
• One passport photo;
• Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is October 15th ,2018 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.