Job at Rwandair : Country Manager (Deadline: 12 April 2017)
RwandAir Ltd is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport.
Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
1. Job Title: Country Manager to be based in one of the below countries:
- GUINEA CONAKRY
- 2. Reports to: Director Global Sales Operations 3. Department: Commercial 4. Job Description
- The Country Manager is responsible for the overall administration of Rwandair’s operation in the station and ensures to achieve set budget uplift, load factor and revenue targets for the Country under his/her responsibility.
- The country Manager undertakes responsibility and accountability for the management, control and administration of Rwandair’s assets.
- She/he is primarily responsible and accountable for all sales activities, marketing, customer services, and financial activities of Rwandair in the country.
- She/he is responsible to build strong relations with all relevant government and regulatory agencies and comply with Rwandair, and all local and international legal requirements, conventions, policies, procedures and regulations.
- She/he will be responsible to identify sales opportunities and implement sales and marketing initiatives, develop short and long term sales and marketing plans, formulate competitive analysis, recommend pricing actions, promote and advertise WB services, provide adequate and timely feedback to head office and expand and maintain distribution channels and trade partners.
- She/he is responsible for cost effective solutions to deliver its programs and build customer retention programs.
- Identify any financial loopholes and indevour to close them
- Daily, weekly and monthly sales and financial reports are submitted to relevant departments
- Develop market sales initiatives based on the nature and market environment in the country and advise senior management accordingly
5.Key duties and responsibilities
- Formulate strategic commercial objectives of Rwandair products and services within his/her responsible market and the entire network
- Identify new sales opportunities and take steps to implement them for new revenue streams;
- Undertake overall responsibility and accountability for the management, control and administration of Rwandair assets, fiscal and marketing policies in Bamako;
- Build and maintain Country-wide relationships with Government Departments, Regulatory Authorities , Commercial organizations, third party suppliers and contractors and ensure conformity with local and international legal requirements convention, policies and regulations;
- Monitor and recommend pricing levels in the country to maximize yield and revenue;
- Maintain overall administrative and budgetary control of the country;
- Provide adequate and timely feedback to head office on achievements/deficiencies/market/trends/challenges with recommendation and insights on issues.
6. Qualification and Experience
- University Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial Operations in the Travel Industry of which a minimum of 2 years at a senior level with a proven track record.
- A solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning preferably with some financial qualifications or training
- Knowledge of sales, reservations, airport services and cargo.
- Commercial acumen with an overall knowledge of airline operations.
- An excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Proven track record in airline sales, marketing, reservations and revenue management processes.
- Proven ability to work independently and think both tactically and strategically.
- In depth knowledge of respective country including how to sell effectively in the market and exhibiting strong cultural awareness
- Knowledge of IATA recommendations to airlines / travel agencies for selling in the marketplace.
7. How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- Two passport photos;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is April 12, 2017 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address.
RwandAir Ltd. as an equal opportunity employer, makes hiring decisions based on business needs and the best-qualified candidates available
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.