Job at RwandAir Limited : IT Systems Auditor (Deadline: 18 April 2018)
RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe from its main base at Kigali International Airport. RwandAir has a second hub in Cotonou, Benin that serves the Central and West African markets. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
1. Job Title: IT Systems Auditor
2. Department: Internal Audit
3. Reports to: Chief Internal Auditor
4. Role Purpose Statement
This role is responsible for the planning and execution of IT systems audits, assistance and support of operational and financial audits, the results of which will help the business manage risk, improve or develop efficient and effective business processes, identify and communicate best practices, and foster appropriate control levels for business and financial risks.
5. Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of technical and complex auditing activities of automated information systems and operations.
- Document and analyse various procedures for the area to be audited; test production and application system; and make recommendations for incorporating adequate and cost effective controls.
- Review and recommend appropriate audit trails of automated systems in the process of development.
- Perform comparative studies and evaluate effectiveness of procedures.
- Review distributed/centralized systems for reliability of output, adequacy of controls and adherence to established standards of operation.
- Audit information processing operations.
- Provide training and technical support for non-information technology audit staff.
- Prepare a variety of technical and analytical reports and correspondence, documenting findings and recommendations.
- Guide on emerging operational, legal and regulatory compliance matters.
6. Desired Profile: Required education, Experience and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science with additional qualifications in systems audit (CISA, CPA).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in information systems auditing, one year of which must have included significant auditing assignments involving the review of computer based systems, use of the computer as an auditing tool and evaluation of automated systems in the process of development.
- Knowledge of Principles and practices of information systems analysis.
- Understanding of methods and techniques used in performing internal audits.
- Experience in modern office procedures; methods and equipment including computers.
- Understanding of operational characteristics of applicable auditing software packages.
- Demonstration of principles of analytical report preparation.
- Knowledge of pertinent codes and regulations governing internal auditing procedures.
7. How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Ag. General Manager -Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of Rwanda national identity card;
- One passport photos;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is April 18,2018 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.