Job at Save the Children : Driver (Deadline: 6th June 2018)
Rwanda Country Programme, Kigali Rwanda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We work together, with partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children works in thirty districts in Rwanda with a current staff complement of approximately 180 staff.
SC Rwanda Country Office seeks to hire qualified, committed and experienced national staff to fill the following position:
Place of Work: Kigali
Reports directly to: N/A
Reports indirectly to: Transport Officer
Time Frame: Open ended
Tentative start date: ASAP
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To ensure an effective management of the organization fleet and meeting all transportation requirements of the Programmer.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensuring that all field transport requirements are met
- Keeping up-to-date the sub-office travel board
- Keeping vehicle transport requests.
- Driving project staff whenever to field sites
- Ensuring that good driving practices and security of vehicle are of a high standard
- Ensuring that driving safety procedures are respected by all Save the Children staff
- Making vehicle monthly fuel consumption report to the line manager
- Notifying the line manager any maintenance and vehicle repairs due.
- Carrying out daily checking of all vehicle
- Filling out vehicle log book
- Keeping the vehicle in a clean and good condition
- Carrying out courier delivery
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Rwanda national
- Possesses a valid national driving permit of category A, B
- Must be physically fit
- Able to work long hours
- At least secondary education
- Able to communicate in English
- At least 5 years of driving experience
CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCIs Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
- This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to HR-Rwanda@savethechildren.org. The deadline for receiving applications is June 6th, 2018.