Job at Senior IT Security Officer (1 Position) (Deadline: 07 May 2018)
SENIOR IT SECURITY OFFICER (1 POSITION) The post is on grade 7.
Under the supervision of the HOD IT Strategic and Risk Management, the Senior IT Security officer will be responsible for IT Risk management, the security of systems and will be in charge of Change management.
- Develop, maintain and enforce security policies, procedures, standards for all IT systems.
- Ensure the conduct of reviews to guarantee that all systems have effective, quality IT security documentation in place.
- Plan, organize, control, continually evaluate and review the efficiency of security
- Prepare reports and briefs for management to evaluate the cyber security ecosystem at
- Monitor and analyze monitoring reports to identity trends that may indicate a future risk.
- Establish a process to track remedial actions to mitigate risks following both internal and external reviews.
- Establish a process to identify, track, and report on security patch management.
- Effectively manage the way changes on IT systems are implemented to ensure the sustainability of systems.
- Ensure that system owners establish processes to ensure access privileges are revoked in a timely manner.
- Establish a process to ensure that all users receive periodic IT security awareness briefings, are trained to fulfill their IT security responsibilities, and understand the consequences of non-compliance.
- Closely collaborate with both internal and external reviewers.
Qualifications, skills and competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree (Ao) in computer science or Information Technology
- 2 Years’ Experience as IT security officer or IT audit officer.
- Holding certified ethical hacker (CEH) is mandatory
- Strong Background in Information technology, understanding of inforamations security challenges, excellent analytical and problem solving abilities, excellent communication and presentation skills , good team working skillsHow to Apply– Interested candidates should download the “Job application form” from the RRA website: www.rra.gov.rw
– Job application letter addressed to commissioner General; attach an application letter, a well filled RRA Job application form, curriculum Vitae, a copy of National Identity Card, copy of Degree and all Academic Transcripts as per required qualifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 07/05/2018, at 5:00pm.
Done at Kigali on 27 April 2018