Job at SNV : Operations Manager (Deadline: 09 November 2018)
- Kigali, rw
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organization founded in the Netherlands in 1965 with a global presence in 30 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors with the belief that no one should have to live in poverty and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. SNV contributes to these sectors by strengthening the capacity of targeted partners and communities at the field level to realize increased skill sets and sustainable performance; reduce poverty levels and expand employment; and improve food security while paying special attention to gender equity, social inclusion of marginalized groups and stakeholder accountability.
Purpose of the Job
Works closely with the Country Director to ensure timely and compliant implementation of Procurement and Contracts, HR, Legal and Admin Operations. Until the organisation grows the manager will be directly responsible for implementation of some of the activities while also managing staff, processes and procedures for others. As member of the CMT, responsible for timely reporting on Department activities.
Result Areas/ Key Activities
Procurement and Contracts (work with Operations Officers to ensure that):
- Procurement is conducted in line with SNV and donor Procurement Policies.
- Ensure that for US Government funded projects that SNV is following USG rules and reg’s for procurement.
- All SNV sub-contracts and grants are issued in compliance with donor requirements and that contractors / grantees provide agreed upon deliverables in accordance with contractual terms;
- In coordination with project staff, conduct all procurement of goods and services in line with SNV and donor policies and procedures;
- In coordination with project staff, ensure timely completion of procurement in support of programme implementation in line with SNV and donor policy;
- All consultancy contracts; purchase orders, MoUs, sub agreements and sub contracts; are drafted in line with policies and that OOs are maintaining accurate and complete procurement files, both hard copy and soft-copy files;
- Elevate any areas of non-compliance or failure of sub-contractors or vendors to perform in accordance with contracts so that issues are dealt with timely.
- Review and stay abreast of Country Employment Law advising on any new legislation that will impact SNV
- Review and maintain SNV country personnel policies, HR procedures, compensation, insurance and benefits packages annually and provide recommendations for amendment as necessary;
- Ensure that all SNV HR processes are “Audit Ready”. Keep HR files in order and secure.
- Ensure proper recruitment/termination protocols are followed.
- In partnership with programme and technical staff, identify recruitment requirements for staff and consultants, draft and place advertisements and supervise recruitment and contracting process;
- Ensure induction, orientation, semi-annual and annual performance review and exit procedures are conducted for all staff as required;
- In coordination with project staff, issue and manage staff and consultant contracts, renewals, extensions and maintain central filing system for all personnel records;
- Support Country Director to handle staff issues and disputes within the organization;
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of timesheets; ensure tracking of leave and absences and coordinate with Finance department to ensure accuracy of monthly payroll;
- Ensure that the schedule of performance evaluations is conducted on a timely basis;
- Support development of proposals and bidding documents by identifying potential CVs and staff to bring on board;
- Coherent, effective and cost-efficient procurement processes
- Clear, consistent and actual HR practice for the country
- Enhance decision making on HR issues within the organization
Legal Advisory and compliance
- ·Maintain close relations with legal counsel; Immigration; and Labour departments to ensure SNV is operating in accordance with Law, national requirements and in line with other organizations;
- Provision of specialist support to Expat staff to ensure they have access to permits; visas etc as required for SNV operations.
- ·Provision of direct support to negotiate any issues that occur;
- Manage Admin team to ensure:
- Stock management of office stationery, supplies, office equipment and furniture;
- Manage and update Fixed Assets List in accordance with SNV’s and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Regular office and equipment maintenance and repair to ensure safe working environment
- Coordination of Logistics and Travel and IT requirements
- Maintenance of clean and professional office environment
- IT services provision that meets staff needs and requirements
Maintenance and renewal of annual service contracts; rental agreements; insurances
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the admin team
- Review admin performance and identify bottlenecks in systems and operations, report to management and advise on resolution;
- Review and update health and safety in all offices and ensure requirements are observed;
- Develop, implement and manage new administrative systems, such as record management, filing systems, intranet communication across all field offices
- BA or Master’s Degree in a related field
- At least 5 years in a senior operational management position (HR/ Admin/ Procurement) with an International Non-Governmental Organization in the country
- Rwandan Citizen
- Senior level Operations Management experience
- Organization skills and time management – professional approach to personal time planning and respect for deadlines;
- Procurement experience
- HR Experience
- Logistics Experience
- Experience in developing complex contracts
- Experience in developping complex tenders
- Experience in managing ICT department
- Fraud Allegation Management Experience
- Experience in proposal development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Computer literate with high degree of proficiency and productivity;
- Able to work comfortably and effectively with or without supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and meet deadline
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors.
Work Pattern (Full Time or Part Time): Full Time
Contract Duration : Indefinite
Expected start date: As soon as Possible
How to apply?
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to directly summit your motivation letter and CV (both in English) to the Country Director of SNV Rwanda.
Deadline: November 9th , 2018.
N.B: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted