Job at Supreme Court : Estate Manager Officer (Deadline: 13 August 2018)
• Visually checking of the condition of the walls, ceilings, floors, doors, windows, roof…
• Proceed the test of internal electrical Network, (sockets, fuses, bulbs and lamps,), kitchen facilities, plumbing (Tape, piping) and electric switches, motors, furniture, etc.
• Understand the origin of any kind of failure that may arise from the company having contract with the Supreme Court ;
• Be proactive and able to propose solution for any challenging situation that may occur to avoid / prevent any disturbance at work.
• Essentially replace worn or defective parts (fuses, light bulbs, seals, taps, locks …), the disassembly / reassembly of equipment is generally entrusted to a specialized intervener
• In case of specialized companies the maintenace officer have to provide the terms of references of works to be done ( drawings and Bills of quantities to be considered for tendering processes )
• Following and supervise all rehabilitation works undertaken by the Supreme Court
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Science or Construction or Diploma (A1) in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Science or Construction with 2 years of working experience.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Good knowledge of Rwanda Housing regulations and standards;
– Safety Awareness Skills;
– Fundamental knowledge of plumbing and Electrical Systems and Equipment,
– Preparation of Bills of quantity (BOQ) for civil, electrical and plumbing work skills.
– Computer IT tools ( Excel, Word, Arch cad)
– Skills in elaborating Tender Documents,
– Technical reporting skills
– Team working Skills
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.