Job at TearFund: LOGISTICS BUSINESS PARTNER (EAST & CENTRAL AFRICA) (1705) Region:East and Central (Deadline:14 January 2019)
An exciting senior grant management role has arisen in our new East & Central Africa regional coordination office. This role will support seven countries, Burundi, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Malawi and South Sudan.
The role will support the development of the country funding strategies and the development of high-quality submissions for institutional donors, and where appropriate manage the development of consortia and multi-country submissions, and support complex institutionally funded projects.
The scope of the role will include:
- Programme Funding strategy
- Donor knowledge and learning
- Donor Relations and Networking
- Donor Acquisition
- Grant and Risk Management
- Training and Staff Development
Applicants must have:
- A proven ability in securing funding and managing relationships with major institutional donors (such as USAID, DFID, or the European Commission)
- Extensive experience in needs assessment, project design, project proposal development and reporting
- Extensive experience in budgeting and financial management, monitoring and evaluation
- Previous experience within the Relief and Development Sector
- Capacity building, training and/or mentoring skills
- Experience identifying, setting up and managing consortia
- A working knowledge of French would also be advantageous
The role will be based in Nairobi so candidates must have the right to live and work in Kenya, and must also have the right to travel to and work in the Rwanda, Ethiopia, Burundi, CAR, DRC, South Sudan and Malawi.
Salary: 6,257,201 KES per annum and national benefits package will be offered for the role.
Applicants must be willing to travel up to 12 weeks a year, and be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
Please note this is an unaccompanied role