Job at The Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA) : Executive Director (Deadline: 12 April 2018 )
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
CIVIL AVIATION SAFETY AND SECURITY OVERSIGHT AGENCY
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (D1) (REF: CAS/HR/003/2017-2018)
|REPORTS TO:||CASSOA Board of Directors
|DUTY STATION:||CASSOA Headquarters in Entebbe, Uganda|
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position entails the overall management and administration of the Agency and the coordination of the development of the civil aviation safety and security oversight systems in the Community.
2. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee all operations of the Agency.
2. Create a high performance organization that consistently delivers results by coordinating all technical, administrative, financial and human resource functions of the Agency.
3. Prepare and oversee the implementation of the Agency’s strategic plan, annual program of activities, budget, and procurement plan.
4. Ensure implementation of activities while driving optimal utilization and productivity from all the organization’s assets and ensuring a positive return on all capital investment and operating expenditure.
5. Develop and foster relationships with local and international partners through engaging proactively with the industry, relevant government departments and other stakeholders.
6. Mobilize required financial, technical and logistical support from Development Partners.
7. Convene and provide secretariat services to the Board.
8. Develop and improve administrative systems of the Agency.
9. Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Agency.
- Coordinate the exchange of information among EAC Partner States and other partners/agencies.
- Coordinate the designation of aviation inspectors with the Partner States as required to conduct inspections.
- Identify and oversee training requirements for the inspectors, on job training, general knowledge in regional oversight system.
- Monitor implementation of management policies, joint regulations, certification and supervisory procedures among others.
- Manage the delivery of technical support to Partner States through the pooling of specialist resources in safety and security oversight.
- Establish and maintain a register of aircraft accident and incident investigators who are available to the Agency from the Partner States.
- Facilitate the sharing of technical resources in the region to conduct specified activities.
- Liaise with Partner States and other stakeholders on issues related to aviation safety and security oversight, development of civil aviation regulations, procedures and processes.
- Ensure standardization and quality of the Agency’s products, such as harmonised regulations, directives, procedures and processes for the licensing of aviation personnel and certification of aviation activities in Partner States.
- Represent the Agency at international and regional safety and security oversight related meetings, conferences, symposia, among others.
- Perform such other duties within the scope of the Protocol as may be directed by the Board or the Council from time to time.
3. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s degree from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Professional certification in aviation would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 15 years working experience of which at least 8 years at a senior management position in the aviation industry.
4. SKILLS AND COMPETENCES:
- Proven knowledge and track record in aviation industry.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Strong people engagement, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify opportunities in a changing environment and capitalize on them.
- Adaptability to drive change and transformation, with a proven capability of resolving complex situations.
- Experienced team leader of diverse background with the ability to lead, develop and direct team members to deliver.
- Ability to work under pressure, with strong organizational, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- A person of high integrity.
- Proficiency in ICT applications
5. ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy is only open to citizens of the Republic of Burundi, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of South Sudan.
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The above is an established position within the Agency’s organization structure and is tenable for a fixed non-renewable contract of five (5) years.
7. EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
All candidates applying for the above position must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
8. RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
9. SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The established position offers a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits including house allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme and insurance cover among others.
10. AGE LIMIT REQUIREMENTS
Applicants should not be more than 55 years old by 1st July 2018.
11. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send their applications, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form, photocopies of academic certificates, copies of national identity cards, birth certificates or bio data pages of passports showing the date of birth not later than 12th April 2018, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for by either registered mail, courier, or email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) to:
THE CHAIRPERSON OF THE BOARD
P O Box 873,
- The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications sent through the Post Office or by courier services should have the job advert reference written on the top left corner of the envelope.
- Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, a signed application letter, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA personal history form and do not include copies of academic degrees, other professional certificates and three referees shall be disqualified.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.