Job at The Westerwelle Foundation: Community Manager(Deadline: 10th December 2017)
Position: Community Manager
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to:General Manager
Job Summary: The jobholder will first and foremost be responsible for supporting the General Manager with the launching of The Westerwelle Startup HausKigali (WSHK), which will open its doors to the country’s young entrepreneurs. WSHK will aim to provide all essential services for a successful start-up. This will include training in the fields of business planning, marketing, and financial management as well as the exchange of knowledge with other founders and a co-working infrastructure. As community manager, the main task is to network and connect to local stakeholders. Hence, ensure a high participation of entrepreneurs and key people in all WSHK activities, from the day-to-day activities at the house to events and conferences. Furthermore, keep all social platforms up to date with social media context.
- Drive new member acquisition and build an active and engaging community of entrepreneurs, advisors and mentors
- Organize events and workshops according to member needs (Speaker Events, Challenges, Hackathons, Fireside Chats)
- Build and maintain relationships with local startups and the makerspace community, universities, other Hubs or co-working spaces and potential partners to drive engagement and increase our reach
- Attend relevant meetups and events to increase awareness and drive customer acquisition
- Formulate and drive marketing and promotion initiatives to increase the awareness of our services and strengthen our brand
- Manage all social media aspects of the Westerwelle Startup Haus
- with the ProgrammeManager at HQ to ensure that marketing or communication activities are consistent with global practice and processes
- Onboard new members
- Able toestablish strong relationships with customers and staff
- Skilled in building wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation
- Relates well topeople at all levels and is able to manages conflicts
- Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others
- Have good negotiation skills and the abilityto convincingly promote new ideas to potential partners
- Plans activities and projects well in advance, executes in a timely fashion and manages changing circumstances proactively
- Able to manage time effectively and skilled in identifying and organising resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Able to monitor performance against deadlines and milestones
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction by setting high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way and consistently achieves project goals
Key qualifications and experience:
- University degree (Minimum Ba) in: Marketing, Communications, Business or Hospitality
- 2+ years of work experience in a related field
- Preferably within international organizations or with international clients
- Work experience in hospitality and event management is a plus
Excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda required, good knowledge of other languages is a plus (French,German and Swahili in particular)
This position gives the candidate the opportunity to work in an internationally recognised organisation with an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment as well as opportunities to learn and work with senior level staff and development partners in the private sector of Rwanda.
How to Apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: “Westerwelle Community Manager
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE IS 5PM ON 10th December2017.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
SANDBERG Ltd is recruiting for Westerwelle Foundation in Rwanda
SANDBERG Ltd is an HR consultancy company which gives inside-insight into the local labor market, its culture, people skills and competences through validated tests and operational experience in the region. In extension to that, gives expert advice on local and regional recruitment possibilities, search and selection, psychometric testing, ability test, team building, training, career coaching and organisational coaching. For more information about our services please write: [email protected].