Job at Twin and Twin Trading:Commercial and Logistics Officer (Deadline: 15 April 2018)
Background: Twin and Twin Trading
Twin is a non-profit organisation which owns its own trading company. This unique structure allows us to combine trading, marketing and programs to build market systems that deliver better livelihoods for farmer groups in coffee producing countries. Established in 1985, Twin has a strong track record for connecting actors along the value chain, to facilitate deep and global partnerships between small holder producers and their customers. To complete the team in East Africa based in our regional hub in Kigali we are looking for a Commercial and Logistics professional. This is an opportunity for the right person to gain significant exposure to trading and development whilst delivering a critical component in our unique structure.
Main Purpose of the Job
To ensure close linkage with Twin & Twin Trading and the cooperatives/export units we work with in order to enhance and facilitate access to market.
position in the organization
Reports to the East Africa Regional Manager with close liaison and instruction to be provided by the London based Trading and Marketing Team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Collect and report local market information (news, prices, quality, buying/selling interest etc).
- Support cooperatives on tracking against season planning, budgets, pre-finance requirements.
- Support cooperatives by returning international market information and other feedback.
- Work with London to ensure shipping instructions are followed, track inland logistics, manage local service providers, ensure documentation requirements are followed.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility
Qualifications and experience
- University Degree in relevant subject
- Experience of coffee value chain in East Africa particularly in Rwanda, Burundi, DRC and Uganda
- Some commercial experience, ideally in commodities and/or logistics related function
- Experience working with cooperatives and farmer groups (as a plus)
Skills and abilities
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good Quantitative and IT skills
- Language skill: English and French a must, Kinyarwanda and Kirundi preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive approach
- Willingness to travel regionally
- Highly Efficient and Organised
- Of smallholder agricultural and producer organizations
- Of coffee production and marketing
Hours of work: this is a Full Time contract (8 hours a day)
Salary: depending on experience
Contract conditions: permanent upon completion of 3 months’ probation period
Holiday allowance: 20 days per year plus bank holidays and other statutory holidays
Interested? Please submit your motivation letter and your CV to [email protected] indicating the job title in the subject by the 15thof April.