Job at UNICEF : Human Resources Officer, Fixed-Term, NO-1, Post# 00107206,Kigali, Rwanda (for Rwandans Only) (Deadline: 23 July 2018)
Job Number: 514340 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Rwanda
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
- UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future.
Partnering with Operations, Cross-sectoral and Programme Teams, you will work closely with the Human Resources Specialist to provide quality human resources services to deliver results for children by applying knowledge of various Human Resources models and best practices.
How can you make a difference?
As a Business Partner, you will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions taking into consideration various risk elements associated with each solution. This requires you to engage several clients, understand and own their needs, use data to guide your work and collaborate with various stakeholders to provide customized solution to every situation.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Business Partnering:
- Provide support by advising clients on human resources related needs and developing and implementing action plans. This entails advising clients on the resolution of human resources issues, ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizationâ€™s interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
- Support clients achieve their goals through consistent policy interpretation and implementation.
- Proactively collaborate with clients to help fulfill their business goals through anticipating human resources related needs, presenting action plans and implementation thereof.
- Collaborate effectively with sections, Regional Office, Global Shared Services Centre, Headquarters and relevant centers of expertise to provide coherent solutions for clients.
- Learning and Capacity Development
- In collaboration with managers and Staff Development Committee, lead the design and delivery of training plans for staff which contributes to a positive return on investment.
- Research on efficient and cost-effective learning strategies and products which enable staff to develop their skills and competencies.
- Implement training impact evaluation surveys to gauge the impact of the training and collect data for further improvement of training content and its delivery.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Design orientation package, maintain it up to date and provide orientation briefing to new staff.
- Performance Management
- Provide support to both staff and supervisors on implementation of performance management.
- Research best and cutting edge practices in performance management and contribute to the implementation of a positive performance management culture in the organization.
- HR Data Analytics
- Collect, interpret and analyze human resources data to help inform decision making on human resources processes and strategies. This includes generating and using data to support smart decision making processes.
- Use and request data strategically by identifying interesting trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve staff productivity.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A University Degree in human resources management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
- One year of relevant professional experience in human resources management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating learning and training plans and activities is an asset.
- Experience and familiarity with United Nations human resources policies, procedures and systems is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- In-depth technical knowledge of the principles and concepts of Human Resources Management.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of organizational and Human Resources information technology systems and tools.
- Ability to empathize with client managers, supervisors and staff while advocating for consistent and equitable applications of promulgated HR regulations and rules.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Fri Jul 06 2018 09:00:00 GMT+0200 (South Africa Standard Time) South Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Mon Jul 23 2018 23:55:00 GMT+0200 (South Africa Standard Time)