Job at UNICEF : Supply & Logistics Officer, Fixed-Term, NO-1, Kigali, Rwanda (For Rwandan Only) (Deadline: 23 July 2018 )
Job Number: 514337 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Rwanda
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does â€” in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to childrenâ€™s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life â€” in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions â€” her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a societyâ€™s most disadvantaged citizens â€” addressing inequity â€” not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Supply and Logistics Specialist, the incumbent administers the supply operations of a relatively simple nature and limited impact, requiring basic professional technical expertise in support of operations and programme objectives. Responsible for effective planning, contracting, procurement, distribution, and inventory management of UNICEF’s supplies, in support of the Country Programmes and operations.
Main responsibilities include:
1.Â Rapid and relevant responses and assistance provided to evolving supply needs and situations, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
2. Integrity, standards and accountability monitored, administered and maintained by implementing sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures, documentation and accurate reporting.
3. Professional assistance and training provided for capacity-building in order to enhance efficient, effective and timely delivery of supplies.
4. Effective procurement conducted to attain lowest cost without sacrificing quality.
5. Effective collaboration and partnership in supply/procurements/purchasing/contracting/logistics with internal and external counterparts developed and maintained through better coordination, communication and networking.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or in directly related areas of specialization, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Or, a recognized qualification in procurement and contracting. Educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply change management, etc.)
- One year of relevant professional work experience. Both national and international work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting and administration and/or other related fields. Work experience in emergency duty station and UN Supply/Logistics related experience is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Applying Technical Expertise [I]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Fri Jul 06 2018 09:00:00 GMT+0200 (South Africa Standard Time) South Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Mon Jul 23 2018 23:55:00 GMT+0200 (South Africa Standard Time)