Job at United Nations World Food Programme: Human Resources Assistant G5 (86563) (Deadline: 22 August 2018)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Human Resources unit, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
1. Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
3. Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
4. Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
5. Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
6. Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
7. Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
8. Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
9. Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
•Education: University Degree in Human Resources Administration / Development or Public Administration or its equivalent in Business studies or related fields.
•Knowledge & Skills:Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce periodic reports for supervisor(s).
• Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner and in line with compliance standards.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least two years in human resources or other related field.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Language: Good knowledge of written and spoken French or English. The knowledge of both is an added value. Fluency in Kinyarwanda
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018