Job at United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) : Business Support Assistant (Mvam) G5 (86662) (Deadline : 22 August 2018)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Deputy Directors or Head of Offices. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
WFP is now seeking qualified and dynamic Rwandan nationals to fill the following positon to support the mobile vulnerability analysis and mapping operations for piloting and maintaining various 2-way communications tools such as Free Basics and Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under overall supervision of the VAM Officer, the Programme Assistant mVAM and two way communication shall perform the following duties:
Support on communication with beneficiaries/affected population
- Responsible for piloting and maintaining various 2-way communications tools such as Free Basics and IVR.
- Communicate with different units to discuss what information to share with affected population, feasibility of sharing, what tools to use.
- Lead outreach activities with refugee communities. Carry out regular visits to refugee camps to sensitize affected population on WFP information sharing tools. Conduct troubleshooting and facilitate focus group discussions to get feedback.
- Support the roll out of Free Basics website. Maintain the website and upload data using the Content Management System.
- Support the implementation of an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) communications system.
- Advertise and promote diverse 2-way communication tools such as Free Basics and IVR to increase the reach.
- Review content of outreach messages for appropriateness in the local context. Help translate messages from English into Kinyarwanda.
- Liaise with government, UN and NGO representatives working in the same communities and promote coordination.
- Liaise with local IT service providers and hardware providers to ensure project materials are available on a timely basis.
- Submit monthly progress reports detailing achievements against milestones. Document learning about the project.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are adhered to, with specific reference to terms of protection, data security and privacy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A completion of University degree in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language (English and French). The knowledge of both is an added value. Fluency in Kinyarwanda.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible support experience including at least three years in the field of programme operations.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience in web content management, Strong computer literacy including use of Excel, Word – HTML and CSS programming skills desirable but not necessary.
- Experience in community work with displaced communities in the deep field, including protection, gender matters. Tolerance for difficult working environments.
- Understanding of IT technologies including mobile phone applications.
- Ability to analyze information and write professional reports and to correspond in a clear and concise manner.
- Interpersonal skills and communication and inter-cultural sensitivity.
- Experience in working with refugees in Rwanda will be a definite advantage.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of WFP procedures will be an added advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligibility: To be Rwandan national or possess a valid permit to live and work in Rwanda
Duration of Post: 1 year renewable, subject to successful performance and availability of funds.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment Contract (FTA), GS-5
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018