Job at United Nations World Food Programme ( WFP ) : Business Transformation Officer- Fixed-Term (NOB) open in Kigali (98904) (Deadline: 24 October 2018)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This is a fixed-term position, National Officer Category, open to Rwanda Nationals only. The job holder will report to the Country Director or the designate, and work under the functional supervision of the Regional Information Technology Officer based in Nairobi. The Job holder is expected to operate with minimal supervision across several business areas maintaining contacts with business counterparts to bring business needs into IT. She/He will be heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work. She/He is expected to provide advice on business needs using their technical knowledge and experience and to provide guidance to more junior staff.
To partner with the business to understand their needs and operating environment in order to transform business requirements into solutions exploiting IT capabilities and focusing on business satisfaction.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Capture, analyze and document (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
- Baseline and track business requirements through to implementation ensuring efficient management of change.
- Test and analyze IT solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain close partnerships with business counterparts to effectively meet their needs.
- Manage the service catalog of IT solutions offered to the business, including current, retired and those in the pipeline to ensure effective knowledge management.
- Manage alignment of IT service levels with SLAs for solutions or services focused on the business needs. Conduct survey on business satisfaction with IT solutions and services.
- Manage estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, problem and issue management to ensure the effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Adhere to processes, procedures and templates for the Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Provide advice to managers and users, understanding and resolving issues, and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Contribute to the capability building of staff through the review and/or design of appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and Telecommunications.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to align activities and maximise possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and TC.
- Interact effectively with internal and external colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
- Proactively engages key stakeholders at existing/potential client sites to gain an understanding of how WFP can best serve as a strategic partner in meeting future business needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and French languages
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
· Has analysed major technical issues of projects and formulated recommendations.
· Has participated in the analysis and re-design of business processes or applications.
· Has conducted cost-benefit analyses to support project management.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This position is open to Rwandan National Only and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted online
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: http://icsc.un.org
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. WFP will only consider academic credentials and degrees obtained from an accredited educational institution.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2018