Job at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) : Recruitment Manager (15 March 2018)
Job Title: Recruitment Manager
Reports to: Project Director
Group/Department: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in needed, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Recruitment Manager will oversee all aspects of recruitment and onboarding for staff. Working closely with the HR Management Team reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the Recruitment Manager will support the HR organizational goals by coordinating high-priority recruitment needs and building systems and structures for tracking, analyzing, and reporting outcomes. The Recruitment Manager will lead the onboarding process for new hires and provide advice and support to Hiring Managers to ensure procedures are being executed in a timely and effective manner.
Recruitment and onboarding
- Work with the HR Management team to strategize human capital needs and create staffing plans;
- Coordinate recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of Rwanda-based staff
- Support job postings via internal recruitment software, liaisoning closely with Hiring Managers;
- Develop procedures and strategies for optimizing recruitment, providing high-level reviews and reports analyzing current systems to be briefed to the HR Management Team and Senior Managers;
- Coordinate recruitment efforts with external firms as needed;
- Conduct orientation and training programs for new employees and semi-annual performance reviews of existing employees;
- As a member of a dynamic start-up Human Resources team, work on other priority projects as needed.
Consultant, Fellow, and Intern Support
- Draft and execute contracts with external consultants and collaborators including adjunct faculty, fellowship positions, and interns
- Advertise contract opportunities;
- Onboard contractors and liaise with staff members to create cohesion across teams
- At least 4 years of human resource experience in a senior level position required
- Master’s or advanced degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings; must be flexible, reliable, responsive, and resourceful
- Prior experience in leading high-level recruitment campaigns, including managing international recruitment efforts, as well experience with processes related to on-boarding.
- Previous experience working in an academic field preferred
- Ability to design and implement administrative processes and systems, both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication with outstanding Kinyarwanda and English proficiency
- Great attention to detail
- Strong ability to understand and manage data
- Integrity and respect for confidentiality of HR records is a must
- Adaptability to work in a rapidly changing environment and flexibility with schedules
- Experience with hiring software and Microsoft PowerPoint a plus
- Commitment to global health and social justice
How to Apply
In addition to this application, applicants should provide: (1) curriculum vitae, (2) undergraduate and graduate transcripts, (3) a cover letter discussing interest in UGHE and relevant experience, (3) contact information for at least two professional references.
All interested Candidates are requested to apply through this link by 15th March, 2018.