Job at University of Kigali : 2 Positions for Accountant (Deadline: 15 April 2018)
• Keeping track of the University Expenditures to ensure that they are within the annual approved
• Ensuring accurate preparation of journal vouchers and monitoring the process of journalizing all
transactions before any postings are done in the accounting system.
• Preparation of audit schedules prior to the annual external audit.
• Assisting the Chief Accountant in Preparing financial statements and other periodic financial
• Checking and recommending all payment orders by ensuring that payment vouchers are correctly
coded and necessary supporting documents attached before forwarding them to the chief
Accountant for further approval.
• Computing taxes owed, preparing tax returns and ensure 100% compliance with all RRA
requirements, RSSB and other statutory bodies.
• Liaising with tax authorities in the region on compliance clarifications if any.
• Ensure Payment of statutory and other payroll deductions is timely made to the relevant
• Monthly preparation of withholding tax schedules and payments through the itax system.
• Advising the management and other relevant players on new tax changes and compliance
requirements that would be pertinent to the University.
• Maintaining an update fixed asset register.
• Preparation of the payroll and Electronic funds transfers for both administrative staff and lecturer.
• Management of Students receivables and carrying out account reconciliations to ensure that timely
and accurate billing of students has been done.
• Proving debtors aging reports as well as collection reports on a daily basis.
• Management of accounts payable that shall include but not limited to reconciliation of all
• Management of Staff imprests by ensuring that the approved procedure is adhered to at all time.
• Carrying out monthly Bank reconciliations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
• Bachelor’s degree in a business (preferably Accounting or Finance Option) from a recognized
• CPA (K) qualification.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Officeapplications particularlyadvanced excel, and accounting packagessuch as Quick
books Microsoft Dynamics, ACCPAC etc.
• High level of integrity and confidentiality.
• MUST have Minimum of at least three (3)to five (5) years’ experience as an Accountant or Finance
Officer in a learning institution.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills.
All interested candidates should submit an application package that includes the following:
(1) A cover letter;
(2) A comprehensive CV;
(3) Copies of the academic credentials with transcripts and any other testimonials;
(4) Copy of National ID or Passport;
The application should be addressed to the Director Human Resource and submit to the University of
Kigali main Campus Reception not later than 15th April 2018 at 5:00 PM
Done at Kigali, March, 29th 2018