job at UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA :Adviser to Deputy Vice Chancellor Institution Advance(12/March/2018)
1.Advise on the matters related to the Office of Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Institutional Advancement, notably Fundraising and Resources Mobilization, Project Management, Communication, Partnership and Internationalization and Student Welfare and Support.
2.Advise and support the Coordination of the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all activities of the Office of the DVC IA;
3.Coordinate all activities emanating from the Office of DVC IA, set priorities, develop the work plan and ensure follow up and timely feed back;
4.Analyze all files submitted to the attention of the DVC IA (documents, reports, MoUs, project proposals, consultancy contracts, letters, etc.) and recommend or take appropriate action;
5.Prepare documents needed for meetings organized by the Office of DVC IA;
6. Attend meetings of DVC IA, take their minutes and follow up on the implementation of their decisions.
7.Monitor the implementation of all decisions of the UR organs (Board of Governors, Senate, Senior Management Council) concerning the Office of DVC IA.
8.Prepare all the internal or external visits of the DVC
– IA (programs of the visits, memo on the visits, requests for travel clearance, travel and accommodation arrangements, etc.).
9.Draft speeches for the DVC IA;
10.Maintain good relations with all the stakeholders of the Office of DVC IA such as UR’s administrative and academic staff and students, industry partners (Public and Private Sector, Civil Society including the media), other universities (national and foreign) and international organizations.
11.Organize and regularly up
– date a database of all stakeholders with their contacts;
12.Oversee the work of the work of the Office of the DVC IA, especially the Administrative Assistant and ensure that office operates at the highest standards of efficiency, efficacy, orderliness, courtesy and responsiveness.
13.Liaise with the Advisors and Administrative Assistants of the Vice Chancellor and the other DVCs and share information on their respective meeting engagements;
14.Carry out any other assignment by the DVC IA or VC in line with the responsibilities of the Office of the DVC IA.
Bachelors Degree in one of the following areas: Journalism or Communication, Law, International Relations, Business, Management, Economics, Public Administration, Social Sciences. Masters Degree in any of the above fields of study will be an added advantage.
1 years of working experience for Masters degree holder or 3 years for the Bachelors degree holder in a similar function in Institutions of Higher Learning or similar organizations
2. Experience of working with new technologies to enhance the quality of processes in higher education
4. Comprehensive knowledge of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the function
5. Operating knowledge of service/systems/processes in own area that is required to provide first line advice and guidance, typically of a more technical/specialized nature, to customers/clients
6. Experience of working independently and without close supervision
7. Working knowledge of the activities of other functions of the Ministry relevant to the department
Specific Competences required for the job of Advisers
1.Demonstrated tracked record of Planning and Management skills
2.Extensive knowledge of UR systems, Procedures and Operational activities
3.Excellent research, analytical planning, organizational and management skills
4.Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to convey concepts and recommendations to staff at various levels in stakeholder organizations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise style;
5.Ability to draft/edit a variety of reports, presentations and communications.
6.Demonstrated skills on the application of IT tools to support digitalization and efficient operations of the University
7.Demonstrated Skills in Project Management cycle
8.Fluent in English both written and spoken.
9. Very good interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries
10.Ability to work under pressure and to effectively handle multiple tasks and under minimum supervision
11.Be a client centered approach