job at UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA :Director of Estate and Facilities RUKARA Campus (Deadline 12/Mar/2018)
1. Ensure (buildings, grounds, landscape, equipment, car fleet) are well maintained and repaired.
2. Consolidate all plans of construction, installation, repairing and maintenance works;
3. Determination and Specification of construction methods and quality standards;
4. Ensure that all College land property is registered and all titles are acquired.
5. Providing technical assistance in elaboration of specifications of construction, maintenance and other related works.
6. Providing technical assistance in elaboration of specifications of construction materials, electrical and plumbing materials, office furniture and materials related to the estate.
7. Monitoring the contract execution and verify the invoices from contractors before payment.
8. Ensure that all college assets are valuated, recorded, codified and engraved.
9. Consolidate and maintain college assets register.
10. To be member of the disposal committee of Colleges/campuses and provide advises about how disposal would be conducted successfully.
11. Ensure cleanness of the college areas by working with cleaning companies.
12. Ensure the safety of the workplace by working well with security companies in place.
13. Repair broken assets, putting them in order and providing all the necessary advice the principal on the proper management of the college assets.
Bachelors Degree in any of the following areas: Civil Engineering, Construction, Estate Management and Valuation. Masters Degree in any of the above fields of study will be an added advantage.
1 years of working experience for Masters degree holder or 3 years for the Bachelors degree holder in a similar function in Institutions of Higher Learning or similar organizations
Proof of registration with the Institution of Engineers Rwanda or Real Property Valuers.