job at UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA: Internationalization Specialist(Deadline 12/Mar/2018)
1. Advise, develop and implement an internationalization strategy and policy for UR;
2. Develop and implement strategies for building UR’s international reputation as a university excelling in teaching, research and community and global engagement;
3. Develop and implement strategies for promoting, maintaining and deepening relationships between UR and foreign universities and research institutions
4. Develop and implement strategies to attract international students and academics to UR;
5. Offer support to the community of international students and academics at UR to ensure that their needs are met and their presence benefits UR.
6. For international students, this support includes giving them information on and guiding them through the process of admission and registration, visa application, housing, orientation to understand life at the University and in Rwanda, etc.
7. For international academics, this support includes giving them guidance on issues such as visa application, finding accommodation and health insurance, etc.
8. Building relationships with international foundations and organizations supporting higher education
9. Organizing the visits of foreign delegations to UR (preparing their programs, securing their appointments or setting up their meetings with UR’s staff, arranging their accommodation and local transport where appropriate, arranging for gifts where appropriate, welcoming them at the Airport where appropriate, working with Public Relations Office to ensure that they are well received and their visits receive media coverage);
10. Organizing the visits of UR’s delegations abroad;
11. Organizing and leading negotiations of agreements with foreign universities, research institutions and international educational organizations and foundations, and monitoring and evaluation of their implementation
12. Fostering academic exchanges for staff and students between UR and foreign universities and research institutions
13. Carry out any other assignment by the DVC
– IA or VC in line with the responsibilities of the Office of the DVC
Bachelor Degree in one of the following areas: Journalism or Communication; Law, International Relations, International Business Masters Degree in any of the above fields of study will be an added advantage.
1 years of working experience for Masters degree holder or 3 years for the Bachelors degree holder in a similar function in Institutions of Higher Learning or similar organizations
2. Experience of working with relevant specialized equipment, software/hardware
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the function
4. Operating knowledge of service/systems/processes in own area that is required to provide first line advice and guidance, typically of a more technical/specialized nature, to customers/clients:
5. Experience of working independently and without close supervision
6. Working knowledge of the activities of other functions of the Ministry relevant to the department