URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URCs mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview
URC seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming USAID Rwanda Health Service Delivery Activity (RSDA) project. The objective of RSDA is to provide integrated health care throughout Rwanda, encompassing MCH services and malaria care, through strengthening of the public and private healthcare sectors. The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will be responsible for overall program management, including providing leadership to ensure that the program meets its goals and objectives, and identifying and mitigating program risks. The DCOP will serve as the principal representative of the program to USAID, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical direction, as delegated by the COP, for one or more technical components of the project
- Play a lead role in technical activity planning meetings, including work plan design and coordination with partners
- Ensure administrative, financial, and human resource needs supervision for program activities
- Oversee the development of quarterly and annual reports
- Coordinate documentation of program results
- Support COP in compiling, editing and formatting all program deliverables
- Lead project communications and ensure gender effective integration throughout the project lifetime
- Anticipate challenges in project implementation, identify solutions, lead the team in problem-solving
- Provide ongoing input and direction to continuous improvement of work planning and execution, office procedures and internal controls
- Maintaining regular contact with USAID (as delegated by the COP) and key counterparts and URC headquarters staff
- An advanced degree at the Masters level or above in Public Health, MNCH, or a related field is required
- A minimum of 8 years experience working as a senior level manager experience of public health programs in developing countries.
- In depth experience in MNCH, family planning, malaria, health system strengthening and quality improvement desired
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, PMI, and other donor organizations
- Demonstrated experience in program management and administration, and contract compliance. Experience with USAID projects is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English required (oral and written). Fluency in French is desired.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.