URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URCs mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
URC seeks a Director of Finance and Management (DOFM) for the upcoming USAID Rwanda Health Service Delivery Activity (RSDA) project. The objective of RSDA is to provide integrated health care throughout Rwanda, encompassing MCH services and malaria care, through strengthening of the public and private healthcare sectors. The Director of Finance and Management (DOFM) will be responsible for the overall financial management and administration of the contract, and will provide management support and oversight in the implementation of program activities. The selected candidate will work directly with the COP to ensure full compliance in accordance to USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls.
- Develop program budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines;
- Provides timely and accurate financial reports to USAID and URC HQ as required;
- Manages internal and external financial audits of the program;
- Supervise the Grants Management staff on activities that will enhance grantee performance.
- Review grantee financial records, make recommendations on discrepancies, and provide suggestions to refine/update policies and procedures.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Country Representative for assuring the smooth operation of URCs office and program in Rwanda
- Provides overall financial and administrative coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the project. Coordinate with HQ Finance team in the home office to ensure project linkage and oversight.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under contract and oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Ensure that all project financial management, procurement and human resource practices are in compliance with URC policy and U.S. government regulations. This includes reviewing grantees and subcontractors budgets.
- Ensure that expenditures are within budgets and in compliance with commitments made in grants and work plans.
- Ensure appropriate internal control and effective management of funds to avoid waste and misuse.
- Prepare information as needed to provide the Country Representative with a financial overview to support effective decision-making.
- Masters level degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 7 years experience in financial management of large international projects
- Knowledge of and experience with applying relevant USAID financial and administrative rules and regulations.
- Experience overseeing financial activities, including procurement, budget development, accounting, and grants management as it pertains to the overarching project.
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills, with demonstrated ability to craft and implement project work plans;
- Demonstrated experience interacting with host county governments, counterparts, and international donor agencies;
- Previous experience managing USG contracts and grants under contracts,
- Demonstrated experience in working with non-governmental organizations, public and private sector;
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications (QuickBooks),
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Written and oral fluency in English required. Fluency in French is desired
- Experience in Rwanda and/or the East Africa region is desirable;
- Experience working with USAID-supported projects and the Government of Rwanda is desirable
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.