URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
URC seeks a Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (DOME) for the upcoming USAID Rwanda Health Service Delivery Activity (RSDA) project. The objective of RSDA is to provide integrated health care throughout Rwanda, encompassing MCH services and malaria care, through strengthening of the public and private healthcare sectors. The Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (DOME) will be responsible for the overall financial management and administration of the contract, and will provide management support and oversight in the implementation of program activities. The selected candidate will work directly with the COP to ensure full compliance in accordance to USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of an effective and efficient system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of project activities and performance at all levels;
- Develop, manage and implement the project’s M&E systems, including relevant performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets and ensures compliance to USAID requirements;
- Regularly review and update the project’s M&E plan;
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of overall monitoring and evaluation framework for project implementation in selected intervention areas;
- Support improved data collection, analysis, and use of key health indicators by the MOH and local partners, for timely and effective decision making and planning;
- Support improvements and uptake of the HMIS system;
- Train partner and community staff in data collection, analysis and use;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project activity reports as specified in the contract;
- Provide M&E technical support and training to the Project team including tool design, preparation of statistical tables, data entry and analysis using statistical packages.
- Participate in and support the Project implementation team to document and disseminate lessons learned and best practices. Support the collaborative learning and adapting activity.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline;
- Demonstrated practical skills in monitoring and evaluation of Health System Strengthening, and/or other relevant health programs;
- Minimum of 7 years working in monitoring, evaluation, and research in the public health field, with progressively increasing level of responsibility
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Proven experience in research/study design and implementation, including design and data analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies, rapid appraisals, etc.
- Demonstrated hands-on practical experience setting up and managing monitoring, evaluating, and reporting systems for health programs
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills and samples of published scientific journal articles
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements Written and oral fluency in English; Fluency in French desired.
- Experience in Rwanda and/or the East Africa region is desirable;
- Experience working with USAID-supported projects and the Government of Rwanda is desirable
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce