Job at VisionFund Rwanda (VFR) : DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Deadline: 01 October 2018)
September 24, 2018
‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR) is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution that will soon transform into Rwanda’s leading Microfinance Bank. VFR is committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its 4zones in Rwanda.
VFR is the institution where you can develop your expertise in working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team-focused high-performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFR has the will to make it so.
POSITION: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (1)
Directly reporting to HEAD OF IT
This position is to be responsible for Database Administration, System and Network Administration. You will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, Systems, and Networking as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
This position also requires to advise business Team where deemed so.
- Be a Rwandese by Nationality;
- Have at least Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and any other related field
- Having Oracle Certified Associate Certificate(OCA) or higher Oracle certification is Mandatory
- Having Cisco Certified Network Professional(CCNP) Certificate is Mandatory
- Having Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP) is Mandatory
- Having Linux professional certifications is Mandatory
- Having an age minimum of 30 years old is Mandatory
- Experience of at least 4 years as Oracle DBA, System and Network Administration is Mandatory;
- Experience on System reports design and development using crystal reports is Mandatory
- Being able to work on the pressure to meet conflicting deadlines;
- Having good communication skills (English as primary)
- Stable, mature and practicing Christian.
- Team worker combined with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good typing skills
- High level financial and moral integrity.
- Well organized, able to interpret data while paying attention to details
*JDs for the above posts shall be issued upon request.
- Application letter
- Copies of degree and other academic transcripts.
- Updated curriculum vitae.
- Copy of National ID.
If you have the required qualifications and personal attributes; and are fluent in English and Kinyarwanda we are willing to offer you a very rewarding and exciting career.
Please send your application addressed to People & Culture Manager via email on [email protected] not later than 1st/October 2018 at 4:30 pm. Only online applications shall be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done on September 24th, 2018
People and Culture department