Job at VSO : 50 VSO Volunteer Job (Deadline: 02 August 2017)
|VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.|
|VSO Rwanda is looking to recruit 50 Rwandan National Volunteers to work on a multi-year nationwide education programme, anticipated to start in September 2017. Open to graduates from education or other relevant field of study and experience, successful candidates will receive a living allowance to meet your basic needs. This opportunity will empower you to drive your career forward.
The purpose of this role is to facilitate implementation in schools and communities of improved teaching, school leadership and community engagement in the Building Learning Foundation that will result into a significant increase in children’s foundational English and numeracy outcomes and reduction of drop-out
When selected you will work as part of a high-powered programme team with the aim of enabling young children to gain the skills they need to succeed in school and support Rwanda in reaching its ambitious education development goals. In making your contribution you will have the opportunity to develop important knowledge and skills which will be transferrable to any professional occupation. You will gain valuable experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and review processes whilst starting to master the vital relationship-building skills you need to succeed in your career.
|Suitable candidates must have the following;
• A Rwandan with a bachelor’s degree preferably in in Education or Social Studies;
• Teaching, and School Leadership/ School Governance Experience
• Teaching Experience at primary level
• Training and/or coaching/mentoring experience preferably in education
• Data collection/monitoring
• IT skills and good knowledge of using Tablets, smart phones and Computer during data collection
• Experience working with NGOs.
• A good level of spoken and written English language
• Good interpersonal skills
• Self-starting and initiative-taking capability
• A commitment to supporting educational improvement in Rwanda
• A commitment to work on the programme for 2 years to maximize their learning about effective programme delivery and change-management
Make sure you are applying to work in the district of your home residence
Note: VSO is encouraging teachers in the teaching service not to leave their work because of this opportunity.
|All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country,
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
|If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.|