Job at VSO : Sector Learning Facilitators-Kicukiro district (Deadline: 04 February 2018)
Sector Learning Facilitators-Kicukiro district
Kicukiro district, Rwanda
VSO Rwanda (Rwanda)
VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Foundation one: English and mathematics teachers development
- Rollout training on English and Mathematics toolkit, ensure proper distribution of kits and follow-up
- School visits to follow up on the use of the Maths and English kits, teaching observation, interaction with teachers and leaders on learning about English and Mathematics
- Support the organisation and follow up of English and Mathematics teachers’ professional learning and practical activities in engaging with School subject leaders, school based mentors and school leaders.
Foundation 2: Leadership for learning
- Work alongside Sector Education Officers in monitoring and supporting schools, parents and community leaders in implementing the BLF programme,
- With the support of leadership team Rollout training of School general assembly committees and follow up of school governance including accountability methodology
- With support and collaboration of school leadership, follow up of school leaders’ community of practices.
Foundation 3: System strengthening
- School and community visits to regularly collect data on progress towards achieving outputs (English and numeracy performance).
- Support Sector Education Officers and Head Teachers to use and understand data in learning, teaching and school leadership as part of the review and planning processes
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Successful candidates will be a Rwandan and would have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Relevant internship and/or work experience
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Good IT skills
- Experience of learner-centred and inclusive methods for teaching and learning
- Familiar with Rwanda’s Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) and focus on improved literacy and numeracy in early primary grades
- Understand effective use of technology to collect data and communicate with different stakeholders.
- Teaching and mentoring experience in English and numeracy
- Data collection experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience in community mobilization and adult training.
- Familiarity with education in Rwanda especially at lower primary level.
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
04 Feb 2018
To be advised
To be advised