Job at VVOB: Accountant (Deadline: 08 December 2017)
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) in Rwanda is recruiting an
in the programme
“Umusemburo w’Ireme ry’Uburezi – Leading, Teaching and Learning Together” (2017-2021)
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB), the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE) and affiliated Teacher Training Colleges (TTC), VVOB started in 2017 with a new multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The cooperation programme aims to improve the quality of primary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers. VVOB is currently expanding this programme in Secondary Education.
At the same time, VVOB explores other opportunities for strengthening their support to the Rwandan Government.
In this context, VVOB is currently looking for an accountant to ensure the implementation of a high quality accounting system at the VVOB country office. The accountant works in close coordination with two Finance officers and (S)he reports directly to the Operations and Finance Manager (OFM).
The accountant acts as a quality caretaker and a role model. S/he is pro active, takes actions and initiatives whenever necessary to ensure the implementation of a high quality accounting system at the VVOB country office.
In cooperation with the Operations and Finance Manger, the Accountant:
- develops accounting services and processes to support sound financial management and responsive servicing in alignment with VVOB Rwanda’s different donor requirements;
- Analyzes specific accounting issues related to financial execution of VVOB Rwanda’s programmes;
- Prepares monthly reports that indicate budgeted costs and actual costs and provides timely advice to programme management that will inform programme execution;
- Prepares accounts for annual audits and provides support and relevant documentation to external and internal auditors.
In cooperation with the Finance Officers, the Accountant:
- Undertakes proper (timely, correct) accounting according to VVOB and donor rules and regulations;
- Ensures timely collection of good quality accounting documentation according to the latest financial guidelines;
- Records all financial transactions and their supporting documentation in Navision on a daily basis;
- Processes Bank and Cash reconciliations;
- Checks inventory registers (fixed assets).
The Accountant performs any other duties assigned by supervisors in line with the position holder’s capacities.
Knowledge and experience:
- Master’s degree in accounting or business management or equivalent through experience;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in accounting, more specifically in double bookkeeping and familiar with multi-user accounting software. Knowledge of NAVISION is definitely a plus;
- Full professional accountingqualification such as CPA or ACCA;
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of financial reports and financial analysis;
- Experience with advising and supporting others in accounting related issues is an advantage;
- Working experience in an international (NGO) environment is an asset.
Nationality: Rwandan Citizen
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda
- Fluent in French (additional asset)
- VVOB core competences:
- Result orientation
- Continuous improvement
- Function specific competences
- Progress control
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Start date: as soon as possible
- A dynamic working environment in an international context;
- An exciting job with varied responsibilities;
- Professional development opportunities;
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit a motivation letter and your C.V. by Friday 8 December 2017 to Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Usanase [email protected]
For more info you can contact Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Usanase [email protected]