Job at VVOB – education for development in Rwanda : Digital Literacy trainer (Deadline: 22 February 2019 )
-VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organization that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE), VVOB started in 2017 with the implementation of a multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The programme aims to improve the quality of primary and secondary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers. VVOB is re-developing its courses into a blended learning mode (online learning coupled with face-to-face sessions). Prior to blended learning delivery, VVOB will deliver a preparatory course: Digital Literacy for Online Learning.
VVOB is currently seeking to strengthen our team of Digital Literacy Trainers. A Digital Literacy Trainer is actively involved in the facilitation of the Digital Literacy for Online Learning course. Prior to this facilitation, they participate in the course in a self-paced learning mode to get familiar with the course content and learning management system in which the course is hosted. They report directly to the Coordinator Online Learning.
A Digital Literacy trainer facilitates the delivery of Digital Literacy for Online Learning and supports learners all along this course. (S)he participates in the training of trainers (TOT) and eTutoring courses with current trainers.
More specifically, (s)he takes the lead in:
- Providing guidance and support to teachers, school-based mentors, head teachers and deputy head teachers on the improvement of digital literacy for online learning:
- Navigating through online learning content
- Basic MS Office skills
- Finding and critically evaluating online resources
- Communicating effectively in an online environment
- Providing advice on training improvements or adjustment based on her/his, and trainees’ experience
In addition, (s)he:
- Ensures effective and efficient use of resources for trainings;
- Constructively works with other trainers, Online Learning Coordinator and Education Advisor Online Learning, and other VVOB staff members;
- Assesses and mark trainees’ assignments and give constructive feedbacks as required;
- Provides the report of training sessions and formulates recommendations related to course content and facilitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Education, Educational Technology, Information Communication Technology, or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience preferably in the facilitation of training related to ICT in education.
- Willing to facilitate trainings during weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and working days (Monday to Friday);
- Willing to travel within Rwanda;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Willingness to learn and commitment to continuing professional development in digital literacy and online learning.
- Master’s degree in Computer Education, Educational Technology or related field;
- Familiarity with current practices and trends in educational technology and online education;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with gender and inclusiveness in education;
- Teaching in a higher education institution;
- Prior experience in providing ICT literacy training or supporting online learners or developing online courses is an asset;
- Experience in using online learning management systems;
- Understanding of the Rwandan education system;
- Familiar with learner-centred pedagogy.
Contract type: Part time, limited period
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda (additional asset)
Location: Various locations in Rwanda
Start date: March 2019
Electronic application will only be considered. Please submit a motivation letter and a current CVaddressed to VVOB Programme Manager at [email protected] not later than Friday 22 February 2019 at 5PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information contact [email protected]