Job at VVOB: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer (Deadline: 08 December 2017 )
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) in Rwanda is recruiting a
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
in the programme
“Umusemburo w’Ireme ry’Uburezi – Leading, Teaching and Learning Together” (2017-2021)
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB), the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE) and affiliated Teacher Training Colleges (TTC), VVOB started in 2017 with a new multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The cooperation programme aims to improve the quality of primary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers. VVOB is currently expanding this programme in Secondary Education.
At the same time, VVOB explores other opportunities for strengthening their support to the Rwandan Government.
In this context, VVOB is currently looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer to support the implementation of an M&E system that facilitates the efficient planning, monitoring and evaluation of programme objectives, results and activities.
The MEAL Officer reports directly to the MEAL Advisor. (S)he supports the monitoring and evaluation activities of VVOB programme. (S)he develops and maintains a rich network with relevant VVOB’s internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the MEAL Officer Provides technical support in research on the effect and impact of VVOB’s programme in Rwanda.
More specifically, (S)he:
Provides technical support for the monitoring and evaluation activities of the programme:
- Support the coordination of M&E over programme results, through the development of an M&E system over all levels of programme implementation, and coordination of the implementation of the system;
- Ensure that implementation of planned activities adheres to VVOB’s monitoring and evaluation system;
- Organize data collection and perform quality checks to ensure the quality of data collected for reporting;
- Assist MEAL Advisor in designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (baseline, mid-line and end-line)
- Offer technical support and occasional coaching to operational partners by a/o introducing relevant research and M&E tools and methodologies related to school leadership and teacher professional development.
Develops and maintains a rich network with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders for strengthening the implementation of VVOB Programme;
- Contribute to internal and external evidence-based knowledge development by systemizing lessons learned and sharing pro-actively lessons learned between partners, colleagues and other VVOB country teams;
- Proactively volunteer for various VVOB Rwanda team activities;
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team of VVOB Rwanda.
Provides technical support in research on the effects and impact of VVOB’s programme in Rwanda:
- Keeping abreast on new developments and latest research in school leadership and teacher professional development;
- Assisting the MEAL Advisor to develop research agenda within the Theory of Change of VVOB’s programme;
- Assisting the MEAL Advisor to carry out mixed-method research on professional development trajectories in the framework of VVOB’s programmes, including research design, methodology, data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Assisting the MEAL Advisor to carry out action research on school leadership and induction of New teachers;
- Participating in publication of high quality research findings.
The MEAL Officer protects the interests of the organization at all times, particularly ensuring value for money.
The MEAL Officer performs any other duties assigned by supervisors in line with the position holder’s capacities.
Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in any social discipline;
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation;
- Understanding of the current M&E practices in development organizations;
- Computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office;
- Knowledge of contextual diversity of various areas of Rwanda;
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of computer software for data analysis is an asset;
- Experience in development sector or nonprofit sector is an asset;
- Experience of field data collection and conducting research is an asset;
- Experience with working in a multicultural team is an asset;
- Able to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour;
Nationality: Rwandan Citizen
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda
- Fluent in French (additional asset)
- VVOB core competences:
- Result orientation
- Continuous improvement
- Function specific competences
- Progress control
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Start date: as soon as possible
- A dynamic working environment in an international context;
- An exciting job with varied responsibilities;
- Professional development opportunities;
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit a motivation letter and your C.V. by Friday 8 December 2017 to Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Usanase [email protected]
For more info you can contact Mrs. Jeanne d’Arc Usanase [email protected]