Job at WDA : Senior Architect (Deadline: 19 June 2018)
– Setup the standards, norms, criteria and indicators in the designated areas for accrediting the technical vocational education and training institutions, occupations and levels;
– Setup the standards, norms, criteria and indicators in the designated areas for quality assurance of technical and vocational education and training;
– Setup the standards, norms, criteria and indicators in the designated areas for accrediting institutions and/or centers for recognition of prior learning;
– Preparation of TVET infrastructure standards, norms and specifications related to the designated areas matters.
– Keep updating TVET standards, norms, criteria and/or indicators when necessary;
– Elaborate formats standards in the designated areas for TVET Infrastructure and construction
– Provide to her/his supervisor the technical advice regarding the designated areas;
– Carry out any other task assigned by her/his supervisors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering with 1 year of working experience. Key Technical Skills and Knowledge required:
– Good knowledge of Education policies especially Education norms & standards;
– Prevailing building & development standards & regulations;
– Building materials supply markets local labour regimes & laws;
– Procurement law and practices;
– Computer literacy (CAD, Ms Project, Word, Excel and Power Point);
– Time management skills;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Team working;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.