Job at Wellspring Academy : Cambridge Coordinator and/or Career Guidance Counselor. (Deadline: 05 August 2017)
“NOT TO BE SERVED BUT TO SERVE”
P.O.BOX: 7486 Kigali
July 13th 2017
Wellspring Academy is a non-denominational Christian school that was created with a vision of producing a new generation of Servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
Wellspring Academy is a complete school from Kindergarten through grade 12. The Academy delivers the Cambridge Curriculum from the primary section through high school.
Wellspring Academy seeks to recruit highly skilled, dedicated, and experienced and Christ centered staff for the following positions hereafter.
Becoming a staff at Wellspring Academy requires:
- To be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ – thoroughly committed and practicing basic disciplines which stimulate growth in Christ
- Decision analysis and decision making abilities, in determining how best to aid students in the learning process
- Frequent meetings with school administrators, teachers, and other staff to communicate information, data, and alternative problem solutions
- To passionately embrace and pursue a Christ-centered vision for her/his life.
Cambridge Coordinator and/or Career Guidance Counselor.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the academic syllabuses for Cambridge secondary one and two, General Certificate of Education Advance subsidiary and advance level.
- Manage Cambridge international examinations (CIE) direct examinations website for running and processing of syllabus entries.
- Monitor candidates during examinations and ensure those who need special considerations are attended to according to laid down Cambridge procedures.
- Acting as the point of contact between the Examination center (Wellspring Academy) and Cambridge International Examinations/British council
- Advise the school on Cambridge professional development workshops offered by Cambridge international examinations for training of teachers.
- Advise subject teachers on syllabuses and syllabus components.
- Manage candidates’ results website by providing candidates with login details for their results and further assist them for inquiries which may arise.
- Help candidates process results appeals and details amendments for cases which may arise.
- Arrange for courier of examinations to Cambridge and receive and process all the parcels from Cambridge international examinations.
- Train invigilators on running of the examinations for the exam day invigilation
- Make entries concerning candidates doing exams in a particular session, enter the Internally assessed Components (Marks), enter the Predicted or forecasted grades for all students etc
- Be in charge of all things related to International exams between Wellspring Academy and Cambridge /British Council.
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of students’ progress and development;
- Consult and collaborate effectively with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, and other educational/community resources regarding students with identified concerns and needs.
- Assist all students with providing information on different universities/colleges with courses that align with what students at Wellspring Academy studied.
- Assist students in the application process to different universities after high school.
- Provides appropriate information to school personnel related to the comprehensive school counseling program.
- Assists teachers, parents/guardians, and other stakeholders in interpreting and understanding the requirements involved in acquiring scholarships relatively to financial needs of the family to steer in the right direction.
- School Career guidance Counselorliaise and network with other professionals, parents and guardians both informally and formally and share the outcomes with immediate supervisors;
Qualifications and experience:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in education is required, Maters degree is preferred.
- At least three years of teaching experience in an International school with Cambridge System or in service as a Cambridge Coordinator and/or academic counselor.
Interested candidates should send an application letter and updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to [email protected]
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Deadline for receiving applications is August 5th 2017.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
The successful candidate should expect to start the job on August 21st 2017