Job at Wellspring Academy: Mathematics-Physics Teacher for Secondary 1 and IGCSE (05 August 2017)
NOT TO BE SERVED BUT TO SERVE”
P.O.BOX: 7486 Kigali
July 13th 2017
Wellspring Academy is a non-denominational Christian school that was created with a vision of producing a new generation of Servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
Wellspring Academy is a complete school from Kindergarten through grade 12. The Academy delivers the Cambridge Curriculum from the primary section through high school.
Wellspring Academy seeks to recruit highly skilled, dedicated, and experienced and Christ centered staff for the following positions hereafter.
Becoming a staff at Wellspring Academy requires:
- To be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ – thoroughly committed and practicing basic disciplines which stimulate growth in Christ
- Decision analysis and decision making abilities, in determining how best to aid students in the learning process
- Frequent meetings with school administrators, teachers, and other staff to communicate information, data, and alternative problem solutions
- To passionately embrace and pursue a Christ-centered vision for her/his life.
Mathematics-Physics Teacher for Secondary 1 and IGCSE
Duties and responsibilities
Teaches courses in mathematics and/or physics
- to secondary students, following appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content
- Conducts teaching and instructional activities, using educational equipment, materials, books, and other learning aids
- Provides instruction in citizenship, in Christian values and other subject matter specified by the school policies and administrative regulations
- Provides group and individual instruction to motivate students, and effectively utilizes the time available for instructional activities
- Maintains appropriate standards of student behavior, using behavioral management strategies and techniques, including positive reinforcement and behavior shaping procedures as well as Christian values
- Performs a variety of non-instructional duties, including curriculum and instructional development activities, student supervision, and consultation activities
- Supports the aims, mission and vision of Wellspring Academy
- Treats all members of the school community with respect and consideration
- Treats all students fairly, consistently and without prejudice
- Sets a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, punctuality and attendance
- Thinks creatively and to find innovative teaching methods and practical outcomes
- Develops and monitor strategies to maximize student potential
- Works hard with competing deadlines
- Believes in the importance of teamwork
Qualifications and experience:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in education is required, Masters is preferred.
- At least three years of teaching experience in an International school with Cambridge System.
Interested candidates should send an application letter and updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to [email protected]
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Deadline for receiving applications is August 5th 2017.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
The successful candidate should expect to start the job on August 21st 2017