Job at workday : Specialty Trainer
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PSO Specialty Trainer
Duties and Responsibilities
Peace Support Operations (PSO) Specialty Trainers shall:
- Provide Peacekeeping Operations (PKO) soldier skills specialty instruction to African military units receiving ACOTA Program training.
- Instruct and supervise skills training for company grade and field grade officers and their soldiers
- Be a subject matter experts in the MOS or functional are fields being taught
- Specialty training will consist of training individuals and organizations in military specialties to include, but not be limited to:
- Combat Engineering
- Level II Hospital units
- Medical specialists (Combat Casualty Care,
- Trauma Nursing Care,
- Medical Planning and Management,
- Combat Medic and Emergency Medical Technician,
- Dentists and Physicians),
- Coastal and Riverine units,
- Airbase and rear area security units,
- Logistics specialists including operators and maintainers of new equipment,
- Mortar units,
- Armor (tank) units,
- Mechanized Infantry units,
- Transport (truck) units,
- Pre-deployment administration,
- Equipment (to include vehicles) maintenance management,
- Equipment supply management,
- Military Police.
- Know or review the US Army doctrine applicable to the task they are responsible for.
- Ensure that all training resources are coordinated prior to training.
Education and Experience
PSO Specialty Trainers shall have the following education, experience, and military background unless otherwise approved in advance by the Contracting Officer Representative:
- Skills, experience, and knowledge to accomplish the goals and tasks of the ACOTA Program.
- Minimum of five (5) years of U.S. military operations and training experience in a Combat Arms, Combat Service, or Combat Service Support specialty appropriate for the skills being taught.
- Should be familiar with standard military training concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Preferably an individual with recent U.S. Military combat and/or PKO experience at E-5 thru 0-5 level.
- Experience operating in areas with limited life cycle support and in hardship conditions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.