Job at WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY : School Construction Senior Engineer(Contractual) ( Deadline : 19 June 2018 )
• Develop building standards to be adopted for TVET school development to conforming to basic international acceptable benchmarks of safety and utilitarian needs.
• Advise on the engagement of other supporting consultants (Quantity Surveyor, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer and Civil/Structural Engineer) and take for the direction and integration of their work
• Advise on Physical planning issues depending on the specific user need and resources.
• Carry out an audit of entire TVET Institutions and prepare report on resource allocation and design intervention for purposes of Master planning
• Manage infrastructure projects and supervise the work of contractors.
• Prepare and approve designs for TVET Institutions in accordance with general engineering principals,
• Determine scope, designs, prepare drawings, specifications, bidding documents, contracts, and cost estimates for TVET Institutions;
• Conducts and coordinates design and construction surveying, provide construction staking; serve as Project Engineer on TVET Institutions projects.
• Conduct construction inspections, review and approve contractor pay requests; review and process construction change orders.
• Possessing Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture, from a recognized University. A Master’s or Postgraduate degree in Construction Management will be an added advantage.
• At least 7 years of work experience in supervision of Civil and Construction Works on large scale and value engineering background.
• Good writing, analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
• Experience working with or within both the public and private sector
• Experience with construction of TVET schools.
• Hands on experience with multilateral and bilateral funded projects and good working knowledge of RPPA procurement guidelines.
• Ability to manage construction projects effectively
– consistently ensuring timeliness and quality of project work.