Job at WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY : Skills Development Fund Specialist(Contractual) ( Deadline :19 June 2018 )
• Direct the leadership of the SDF towards attainment of its objectives in an effective, efficient and ethical manner, leading to the development and implementation of training programs responsive to the market demands and relevant to the economic growth
• Identify priorities, prepare strategies and plans for achieving SDF goals and objectives and recommend them to the SDF Grant Committee for approval through SPIU Coordinator.
• Ensure SDF plans are integrated in the annual National Employment Program(NEP) Joint Performance Contract(JPC)
• Ensure timely SDF Disbursements Linked Indicators implementation, verification and reporting in reference to PSG program.
• Coordinate applications process and evaluation of SDF grants proposal and provide reports to the SDF Grant Committee for approval
• Perform effective redressal mechanism to the complaints raised by the unsatisfied SDF applicants
• Supervise the execution of training projects and other activities financed by SDF II in accordance with agreed plans and standards,
• Evaluate the outputs, outcomes and impacts of SDF
– financed activities,
• Ensure that SDF funds are spent properly in accordance with approved plans and ensure that expenditures are appropriate and appropriately recorded,
• Prepare World Bank missions to Rwanda with regard to the assessment of the SDF progress
• Evaluate the performance of staff of the SDF project and motivate their work,
• Provide regular reports on SDF plans, operations and implementation to the SPIU Coordinator.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Economics, Business Administration, with experience of 5 years in the same field.
• Masters in Project management, Economics, Business Administration with working experience of 3 years.
• Experience of 3 years at a senior management level in a comparable organization.
• Technical expertise within training and education
• Experience working with or within both the public and private sector
• Staff supervisory experience and demonstrated organizational skills
• Excellent computer/information systems skills and oral and written communication skills
• Proven managerial ability, leadership and strategic expertise
• Demonstrated diplomatic, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Experience with donors/ funded projects
• Ability to manage projects effectively
– consistently ensuring timeliness and quality of project work.