Job at WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING SPECIALIST:(Deadline 16/Jan/2018 ).
• Coordinate the RPL activities across the priority sectors
• Prepare a Memorandum of Understanding with concerned Professional Associations/ Trade unions/Federations
• Coordinate RPL assessment activities national wide through TVET institutions
• Ensure availability of competent assessors and assessment tools
• Prepare concept/memo and transmission letter for the financial support to the approved training providers and Professional associations/trade unions/federations to ensure effective implementation of the assessment activities
• Respond to all claims that may arise from the process
• Maintain a database of beneficiaries and report to the NEP steering committee and CESB coordinating NEP on quarterly basis
• Prepare and issue skills passport (certificates) to successful RPL graduates
• Monitor the implementation of the RPL scheme Create and maintain the databank of question papers (collection and selection of questions) in his/her field of specialization.
• Organizing exam materials, providing safe custody of and organizing
• Examination stationery and materials in accordance with regulations.
• Providing a center timetable to include dates, times, venues and number of candidates
• Organizing the examination rooms, in accordance with regulations.
• Briefing candidates on examination regulations and producing written guidelines for staff and students; ensuring candidates are aware of their Examination timetables.
• Interprets, evaluates and communicates NEP policies and practices to assure compliance with certification and licensing standards.
• Facilitates processes required for the recommendation to the certificates and endorsements.
• Maintains records and statistics regarding testing and certification.
• Provides overall management for the Office of Trainer Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and telecommunication Engineering, Civil engineering with 7 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Electronics and telecommunication Engineering, Civil engineering with 5 years of working experience.
• A postgraduate degree in project management would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of TVET certification frame work rules and regulations.
• The ideal candidate should be skilled in database management
• Must also be proficient in spreadsheet, publisher and word processing applications, especially Microsoft office applications.